From Game Developer Research Institute
Revision as of 13:49, 18 August 2009 by CRV
- Earlier this month, some of our contributors weighed in on Hidemushi's hidden message.
- GDRI has received confirmation from someone I cannot name at this time that certain LJN-published titles this certain someone was involved with were produced by Atlus. Evidence I presented here earlier suggests that "produced" doesn't necessarily mean "developed."
- A long time ago, we did a code comparison. I'm not sure what games were compared, but they might have been a couple Junzou Shimada worked on that Shouichi Yoshikawa mentioned. The results didn't make a lot of sense back then, but I pasted them into my miscellaneous credits text file:
- Battle Fleet, Bonk, Cross Fire, Kiteretsu Dai Hyakka, NFL Football, Shinobi (Tengen), T&C Surf Designs, Time Diver Eon Man, Wrath of the Black Manta, Xexyz
- We know that Bonk, Eon Man, and Black Manta were developed by A.I. We also know company president and co-founder Hiroyuki Arai was a programmer on Bonk and Black Manta and had previously worked at Sanritsu. The programmer on Kiterestsu Daihyakka is "Ahiru," who might be Arai. Battle Fleet and Xexyz LOOK like Atlus games, so it's possible just the programming was subcontracted to Sanritsu or A.I. I'm not so sure if NFL looks like an Atlus game.
CRV 07:59, 17 August 2009 (CDT)